Inspirational India - a Wander Women Journey, Winter 2021
Inspirational India – A Wander Women Journey, Winter 2021
For women travellers in search of new experiences, this soul-enriching journey inspires you to discover the beauty of India in the company of other women travellers from around the world. Explore India’s majestic forts, monuments and temples, its bustling bazaars filled with exquisite crafts, the beautiful landscapes and natural reserves, and above all else, the people and culture that make this place so special. On this journey, you’ll appreciate the ancient traditions and modern innovations as we reveal India to you from the perspective of local people, including many inspiring women who are leaders in their communities.
- Delhi: Meet Masterji Kee Haveli, a passionate local foodie, for a walk through the streets of Old Delhi, where you’ll witness some of the city’s most famous street food some to life.
- Agra: Dine for lunch at the beautiful Laxmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur.
- Jodhpur: Dine on local specialties at the niche Khaas Bagh restaurant, offering an ostentatious display of styles throughout India’s time periods, from vintage and colonial to modern.
- Ranakpur: Enjoy an al fresco lunch served under a 300-year-old banyan tree at Mountbatten lodge, a unique boutique hotel in the wilderness.
- Udaipur: Toast to your travels over a Celebration Dinner with Bedla Family. This family has played a significant role in the affairs of the state over the past few centuries and has had the distinction of serving their cuisine to Queen Elizabeth, Jacqueline Kennedy and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of independent India.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Delhi: With Insight Choice, you can choose between two included experience. Gain insights into the craft of glass jewelry-making from a local artist. Alternatively, join an Abhyangam wellness experience, including a massage.
- Jaipur: Choose between a Bollywood dance class or a demonstration on hand painting – the art of ‘Mehndi’ with natural ‘Henna’ powders.
- Jaipur: Choose between an interesting walking tour of the old city of Jaipur or a visit to the Block Printing and Blue Pottery Workshop.
- Agra: Meet the women of Sheroes Hangout, an inspirational, one-of-a-kind women’s café that employs and empowers acid attack survivors from various backgrounds.
- Chandelao: Vist the Sunder Rang arts and crafts project, an initiative launched on International Women’s Day in 2007, where 20 local women work on a fair trade basis to produce beautiful Rajastani textiles and handicrafts that they sell both locally and abroad.
- Jaipur: Meet the inspiring, entrepreneurial and innovative ladies of Pink City Rickshaw, a company dedicated to bringing women out of poverty by training and employing them as local guides on city tours by rickshaw.
- Delhi: Visit a Sikh temple and its community kitchen, a place where volunteers prepare and serve vegetarian meals to local people, travelers and those in need.
- Jaipur: Join an expert yoga instructor for an early morning wellness experience. Gain an understanding of the different postures, breathing techniques and other activities during your yoga class.
- Jodhpur: Meet a local astrologer who will use her mystic skills to try and predict your future by studying the palm of your hand or the alignment of the stars based on your birthday.
- Jodhpur: Visit Seva Mandir, a not-for-profit organization that works to improve the material well-being of women and their communities by making them aware of their rights.
Top Rated Highlights
- Diwali: On select departure dates, you’ll travel during Diwali, the famous Hindu festival of lights. Visit a local market to choose a traditional Indian dress to wear during the Diwali festival. The following evening, a local family welcomes you to join in on the festivities with a home-hosted meal based on traditional recipes.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Agra: Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audiences halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, dressed in a traditional saree, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Join your Travel Director who will show you the marvel of Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds.
- Jaipur: Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Jaipur: Visit Mehrangarh Fort.
- Jaipur: Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar Market.
- Ranakpur: Visit the fortified Jain temple complex and meet the priest of the temple and attend an exclusive prayer ceremony.
- Udaipure: Visit the City Palace complex, a testimony to the Rajput passion for art and architecture.
- Udaipur: Cruise the serene waters of lake Pichola.
- Fly to Delhi: Board your short flight to Delhi.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you…
Welcome to India.
Exploring Old Delhi.
Exploring New Delhi.
Delhi to Agra.
Agra to Jaipur.
Jaipur, Holi - The Riot of Colours.
The Pink City.
Jaipur to Jodhpur.
Jodhpur, Ranakpur and Udaipur.
Leave Udaipur for Delhi.